1. Presentationof the website
In accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR), website users are informed that the stakeholders involved in the implementation and maintenance of this website are the following:
The www.4p1000.org website is owned, published and regularly updated by the “4 per 1000” Initiative, 1000 avenue Agropolis, 34394 Montpellier Cedex 5.
- Director of publication: Paul Luu (“4 per 1000” Executive Secretary)
- Scientific editor: Paloma Melgarejo (“4 per 1000” Senior Science Officer – Executive Secretariat)
- Webmaster: Brigitte Cabantous ( “4 per 1000” Executive Secretariat)
- Communications: Frédérique Lescent (Consultant)
- Hosting : agence web Montpellier JANVIER
- Website creation : agence de communication Montpellier JANVIER
1.3 Web technology and hosting
- Project coordinator: Philippe Cornuéjols (Consultant)
- Site design: En Janvier https://www.en-janvier.com/
- The www.4p1000.org website is powered by WordPress
- It is hosted by the OVH company, SAS with capital of € 10,069,020, RCS Lille 424 761 419 00045, APE code 2620Z, headquarters: 2 rue Kellermann – 59100 Roubaix – France.
- It is housed in computers located in OVH GRA-1 Gravelines Data Center, 59820 Gravelines, Nord-Pas-de-Calais-Picardie (France).
2. General conditions of use of the site and the services offered
2.1 Introductory note
The “4p1000.org” website constitutes an intellectual work protected under the literary and artistic property law by the provisions of the Intellectual Property Code and applicable International Regulations – notably the Berne Convention, EU directive 96/9/CE and book 1 of the French “Code de la propriété intellectuelle”.
The use of the website implies full acceptance of the general conditions of use described below. These conditions of use are likely to be modified or supplemented at any time, the users of the website are therefore invited to consult them on a regular basis.
Likewise, the legal notices can be modified at any time: they nevertheless apply to the user, who is invited to refer to them as often as possible in order to become acquainted with them.
2.2 Description of the services offered and information provided
The purpose of the Website is to provide information on all the activities of the International “4 per 1000” Initiative. The Initiative strives to provide information as accurate as possible on its website. However, it cannot be held responsible for omissions, inaccuracies, and deficiencies in the update, whether due to itself or to third party partners who provide this information.
All the information indicated on the website is thus in no way exhaustive but given as an indication of the current state of knowledge. Furthermore, this information is likely to evolve, and is provided subject to modifications having been made since it was put online.
2.3 Contractual limitations on the technical availability of the information provided
The website cannot be held responsible for material damage related to the use of the site. The user of the site undertakes to access the site using up-to-date equipment, which does not contain viruses, and with an up-to-date latest generation browser.
The website is hosted by the OVH company, a service provider located in the territory of the European Union, in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation.
The website is normally accessible to users at all times, and it strives to ensure the best accessibility rate: its hosting company ensures the continuity of its service 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Neither the website nor its hosting company OVH cannot be held responsible in case of malfunction of the Internet network, telephone lines or computer and telephone equipment, linked in particular to network congestion preventing access to the service. They also reserve the right to interrupt the hosting service for the shortest possible periods of time, in particular for the purposes of maintenance or improvement of their infrastructures, in the case of failure of their technical infrastructures or if the services provided generate traffic deemed unnatural.
In case an interruption due to technical maintenance is decided by the website owners, they will strive to communicate to users the dates and times of the intervention beforehand.
2.4 Limitations of liability.
The International “4 per 1000” Initiative acts as the website publisher. It is responsible for the quality and truthfulness of the content it publishes.
However, and as stated, the Initiative cannot be held responsible for omissions, inaccuracies and deficiencies in the update, whether due to itself or to third party partners who provide the information. Neither can it be held responsible for direct or indirect damage (such as for example a loss of market or loss of a chance) consecutive to the use of the website.
The publisher reserves the right to remove, without prior notice, any content posted on its site that would violate the law applicable in France, in particular the provisions relating to data protection. Where applicable, the publisher also reserves the right to engage the civil and/or criminal liability of the user, in particular in the event of a racist, abusive, defamatory or pornographic message, whatever the medium used (text, photography, etc.).
3. Users' obligations regarding intellectual property and counterfeits
3.1 Intellectual rights reservation
The website owns the intellectual property rights and the rights to use all elements accessible on the website, in particular texts, images, graphics, logos, videos, icons and sounds.
Any reproduction, representation, modification, publication, adaptation of all or part of the elements of the website – whatever the means or process used – other than for the personal use of the visitor of the site, notably with a view to publication in any form, is strictly prohibited without the prior written express authorization of the “4 per 1000” Initiative.
In particular, the copying of information from the site for commercial or advertising purposes is expressly forbidden.
Any unauthorized use of the site or any of the elements it contains will be considered as constituting an infringement and prosecuted in accordance with the provisions of Articles L.335-2 and following of the Intellectual Property Code.
3.2 Photo and illustration credits
All rights of reproduction of photos and media published on the website are reserved, in France and overseas. Editor owns all the photos on the site or has obtained permission from photographers for their use on this website only.
- Photographs of the “4 per 1000” meetings and events are copyright The “4 per 1000” Initiative
- Website graphics have been created by Antoine Vivier (antoine-vivier.com) and our the web agency En Janvier (en-janvier.com)
- Crops and agriculture photos are credits from the following photographers/organisations: CIAT/Georgina Smith, and CGIAR, forestry business credit Ludovic Péron, CC BY-SA 3.0, Wikimedia Commons
- Various photos are credits from Pexels, Brenda Johnson, Jing, Patricia Maine Degrave, Joke vander Leij, shell_ghostcage, Denis Doukhan, Jose Antonio Alba, _Marion and alii from Pixabay, and by Gabriel Jimenez on Unsplash
- Soil photographs are credits from Radosław Drożdżewski (Zwiadowca21), CC BY-SA 3.0, Wikimedia Commons, NZ Soils.co.nz and Waikato Regional Council, US Department of Agriculture, Public Domain, Wikimedia Commons, Carlosblh, CC BY-SA 3.0, Wikimedia Commons and alii
4. Privacy and control of the collected data
With regard to personal information collected, visitors are protected by the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council dated 27 April 2016 (GDPR) and by the recommendations issued by the French “Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés” (CNIL), in particular the French law n° 2004-575 dated June 21, 2004 for confidence in the Digital Economy as well as the law n°78-17 dated January 6, 1978 on Data Processing, Data Files and Individual Liberties.
4.1 Specification of the collected data
Personal data may be collected by the website for 3 purposes:
- For general control of user’s access and optimisation of web pages navigation (information related to operating system, browser type, IP address, pages viewed and so forth)
- If the user requests to subscribe to the Initiative’s Newsletter through the dedicated subscription page of the website
- In case the user uses the interactive space of the website to contact the “4 per 1000” Initiative
The Initiative doesn’t in any way market your personal data. The data provided by the Friends and Partners who have explicitly requested to be included in mailing lists will only be used for normal communication and information purposes, in particular for circulating its Newsletter.
Users can ask for the removal from the Initiative’s mailing lists at any time, by using the link provided for this purpose.
4.2 Management of the collected personal data
The person in charge of the management and processing of the collected personal data is Philippe Cornuéjols, acting as the web project coordinator under the authority of the Executive Secretary, legal representative of the Initiative.
Being legally responsible for processing the data it collects, the Initiative undertakes to comply with the framework of the legal provisions in force. It establishes the purposes of its data processing, and provides the users of its website with complete information on the collection and processing of their personal data, keeping an accurate register of processing operations.
Should you wish to fill a complaint or if you feel that our Initiative has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the French “Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés ” (CNIL) using any of the contact channels listed on the following web pages: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/contacter-la-cnil-standard-et-permanences-telephoniques et https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes
4.3 Fight against computer fraud
Users are warned that all data available to us regarding their connexion may be used at any time to prevent and fight against computer fraud and misuse of the website (spamming, hacking, etc).
4.4 Right of access, rectification and opposition
In accordance with the current European regulations, the “4 per 1000” website users have the following rights:
- right of access (article 15 RGPD) and rectification (article 16 RGPD), update, completeness of user data, right to block or erase this personal data (article 17 of the RGPD), when it is inaccurate, incomplete, equivocal, out of date, or if its use and conservation is prohibited
- right to withdraw consent at any time (article 13-2c RGPD)
- right to limit the processing of user data (article 18 RGPD)
- right to oppose the processing of user data (article 21 GDPR)
- right to define the fate of users’ data after their death
If users want to exercise their right to access, modify and/or delete information related to them collected by the “4 per 1000” Initiative, they should send a message to the administrator at: email@example.com .
To be noted: as soon as the Initiative becomes aware of the death of a user and in the absence of instructions from him, it will undertake to destroy his data.
Cookies are text files placed on users’ computers to collect standard Internet log-in information and visitors’ behaviour information (for further information, users may visit “allaboutcookies.org”).
When users visit the “4 per 1000” website, information may be collected automatically through cookies or similar technology, in order to keep users signed in, understand their use of the website and possibly manage users’ voluntary request to be sent regular notifications of updates to the “4 per 1000” website.
We do not use any type of advertising cookies on the website.
Users’ browsers can be configured not to accept cookies, or to delete cookies previously stored in the browser. However, in some cases, certain features of the website may not work.
4.6 Warning relative to use of Google Analytics and social networks
Similarly, by clicking on the icons dedicated to the social networks Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube appearing on the “4 per 1000” Initiative’s website, these networks may also place cookies the users’ terminals (computer, tablet, mobile phone), if users have accepted the deposit of cookies. Users may nevertheless revoke their consent to the “4 per 1000” Initiative’s website depositing this type of cookies at any time.
4.7 Incident notification
The “4 per 1000” Initiative is fully committed and undertakes to take all the necessary precautions to preserve the security of its users’ personal information – in particular not to disclose it to unauthorised persons.
All data related to its users, their subscription to the “4 per 1000” mailing lists and their possible membership to the Initiative is stored in computers with secured access and up-to-date/state-of-the-art full antivirus protection.
However, no matter how hard you try, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage is completely secure. If a security breach or incident impacting the integrity or confidentiality of user information is brought to our attention, our users will be informed and notified upon the undertaken corrective measures as soon as possible, so that they in turn can take appropriate action.
Please note that under no circumstances “sensitive data” about users is collected, with the exception of their e-mails.
5. Applicable law and attribution of jurisdiction
Any dispute arising from the use of the www.4p1000.org website is subject to the French law.
Except in cases where the law does not allow it, exclusive jurisdiction is attributed to the competent courts of Montpellier, France.